About the Library
The Maplewood Public Library serves the community of Maplewood, Missouri- a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1935, it is one of the oldest libraries in the St. Louis area. The Library belongs to a nine-member cooperative of independent libraries with reciprocal borrowing privileges. In 1996, these libraries formed the Municipal Library Consortium to implement a combined catalog for the member libraries.
- Maplewood Public Library lends books, magazines, DVDs, audiobooks, downloadable books, telescopes, and fishing poles!
- Visitors have access to Wi-Fi, computers, scanning, faxing, copying, and printing. A small fee applies for some of these services.
- Maplewood's history is preserved at the Library and will soon be shared on our website.
- Programming for all ages is held regularly. All events at the Library are free and open to the public.
- If you don't find the material you're looking for, ask staff! We can attempt to find it through interlibrary loan.
Checking Out From the Library
Anyone is welcome to use the Library at any time; however, to check out materials, you must have a library card.
Library cards are free for anyone living in or owning property or a business in Maplewood. Library cards are also available for free to residents of St. Louis City, St. Louis County, and St. Charles Library districts. It's easy to get a card: simply bring in photo identification showing your current address.
You are responsible for all items checked out on your library card, and you will be charged any fines or replacement costs.
Please report a lost or stolen library card immediately, as well as any address or name changes.
Borrowing period for most items is 3 weeks, and fines for most items are 5¢ per day.
There is a 1-day grace period when a fine will not be charged to your account.
Books may be renewed on-line or by phone if there are no requests for them.
There is a 50¢ fee to replace a lost library card. Fines of $50 or more make your card unusable until fines are paid.
NOTE: Each Library in the Consortium has its own loan periods and fines. It is your responsibility to know the policies of each Library you utilize.